Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 98

Thread: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member carolynniece's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2004
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    Which do you prefer? Christmas is the biggest holiday of the year, yes they took prayer out of schools, now trying to take Christ out of Christmas. Which do you prefer to hear and if someone said Merry Christmas to you, would that offend you?
    football mom

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    Merry Christmas , this country was founded on the Christian group that left England to escape the state church.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    I agree

    but I have to point out that Native Americans while many have converted were here first and their belief was more along the Shaman lines, father sun, mother earth, sister water, brother wind type stuff. That goes with my native american soap box however, I would rather someone tell me Merry Christmas.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    I perfer Merry Christmas. My aunt in Ohio writes on all her christmas cards. Merry X-Mas. She doesn't put christ in her cards. I see every year people writing Merry X-Mas. I think to some maybe it just shortens the word but maybe to some they don't believe in christ and perfer not to use it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    Christ is the reason for the season!
    Merry Christmas everybody!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    so your aunt puts x-mas through a want to not use the word Christ in Christmas or what?

    I think it is an abbreviation and people don't think of it much. someone asked my child the other day and she has never been taught not to use Christ in Christmas, some people read too much into stuff like that and make big productions over nothing
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    I don't think she really means anything by it. She is just one person who I know that perfers writing X-Mas instead of Christmas.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    but I have to point out that Native Americans while many have converted were here first and their belief was more along the Shaman lines, father sun, mother earth, sister water, brother wind type stuff. That goes with my native american soap box

    [/ QUOTE ] That group has probably had more stolen from them than any other in history, still you don't see a lot of demonstrationing. I've not got a problem with anyone thinking how they wish, just don't try to force it on anyone else. Some take that as an unwillingness to fight. Just change "sun" to "SON" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], but like I said , I'm really not out to change anyone, as long as they behave themselves. Same time , I've been stung a time or two- I'll burn the nest if I think that is the solution, someone has to act at some point.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    I'll agree the Native American have suffered the most from what's happened but yet you don't here them complain...They have a right to complain but most don't they want to be the ones to get their name in the news and such.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

    I think it's funny how the Gov't want's to take God out of schools and law and gov't, but they sure seem to like taking the paid days off they recieve from religious holidays.
    crack is whack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •